Georgia Safe Schools Coalition
Georgia Safe Schools Coalition is a partnership of educators, community organizations, and safe school activists dedicated to raising awareness about issues affecting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQQ) youth and families. GSSC works with educators and community organizations to help Georgia’s schools become safe and affirming environments for all students, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/ expression.
We do this by:
– Providing training, support, and resources to Georgia schools, counselors, administration, faculty and staff
– Raising awareness among families, parents and members of the community
– Providing resources to help support safer, more affirming schools at the local, district, and state level
– Consulting with schools and personnel in developing safer, more positive school climates
– Offering support and resources to Gay-Straight Alliance