Georgia Refugee Community is the official blog of the Georgia Coalition of Refugee Stakeholders. The goal of this site is to provide news and information about the local organizations that serve refugees. Community Events, Announcements, Newsletters and local Program Openings are among the types of information that can be submitted here.
To submit material for publication on the Georgia Refugee Community blog, contact Michael Singleton (email@example.com) or Phillip Gladney(firstname.lastname@example.org).
To coordinate Public and Private resources in a manner that encourages effective refugee resettlement and promotes refugees’ economic and social self-sufficiency and well being as quickly as possible after arrival in the United States.
- Plan and coordinate the appropriate placement of refugees in advance of their arrival.
- Serve Refugees, Asylees, Cuban and Haitian Entrants, Certain Amerasians from Vietnam, Victims of Severe Forms of Trafficking and Others as authorized by law.
- Coordinate cash and medical assistance with support services.
- Provide for the care and supervision of, and legal responsibility for, unaccompanied refugee children in the State.
- Provide that assistance and services will be provided to refugees without regard to race, religion, nationality, sex or political opinion.