PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SIGNING UP:
Please note the safety requirements to attend this tour.
As per the current CDC guidelines, we are no longer requiring vaccinated individuals to wear a mask.
We do ask that everyone continue to maintain a healthy distance from your fellow hikers.
If you are not vaccinated, we ask that you please continue to wear a mask for the duration of the hike.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Join us for a tour of Intrenchment Creek Park and the Old Atlanta Prison Farm, guided by Scott Petersen. Walk the trails of this unique landscape and see the natural beauty for yourself!
Tour will begin at 10:15 am. Hope to see you there!
Suggested donation of $10
You can now make donations to our GoFundMe page:
– Parking lot located near the intersection of Bouldercrest Rd SE & West Side Place SE.
– Park in the South River Intrenchment Creek Trailhead parking lot (see map).
– If possible, carpool with others.
Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on a leash at all times.
HIKE SAFETY TIPS:
– Hike usually lasts 2.5 but no more than 3.5 hours.
– Terrain involves some steep hills and requires a good bit of physical exertion.
– Consider any health issues that may prevent you from keeping pace with the group before attending.
– Some paths may be muddy and slippery, exercise caution.
– Dress appropriately: No open toe shoes, boots with tread are best. Long pants are better than shorts.
– Be prepared for heat and sun exposure, sunscreen is highly recommended.
– Bug spray is recommended, and be sure to check for ticks after the hike.
– Bring personal drinking water and snacks to keep yourself hydrated and nourished for the duration of the hike.