Join us in this movement to eradicate systemic racism.
Together we can end the structural racism that contributes to police brutality, mass incarceration, injustice, economic oppression, and inequities.
Please click “going”, endorse, and share this event.
Opening Rally and March at North Ave. Marta Station
2:30 – 3:15pm – March from North Ave. to 4th ward Historic Park (greenspace across the street from Ponce City Market (North Ave.)
~ 3:15 – 4:00 – Closing Rally
* Persons with disabilities or people who prefer to only attend the closing rally may simply meet us around 3:15pm.
4:00 – 4:45pm – (optional) March back North Ave. Marta station
We invite people of all races and creeds to unite to abolish racism, antiSemitism, Islamophobia, ignorance, fear, homo/transphobia, xenophobia, and hate.
* If you plan to participate in the march, below are tips for marching in the heat:
1) HYDRATION 💧
* Pre-hydrate before the march (2 hours before the march)
* Drink cold water every 10 minutes *
2) Wear Hats
3) Wear Sunglasses
4) Wear Sunblock
5) Wear light-colored and breathable clothing
6) Wear shorts / sundresses
7) For safety: wear closed toe shoes (sneakers with socks)
8 ) Bring a personal fan (with water sprayer)
9) Bring healthy hydrating snacks (carry in a small light weight bag)
10) Bring cold water to consistently
drink 💦 HYDRATE
Goals for the Anti-racism Movement:
1) Protest white supremacy (including political racist attacks and actions).
2) Raise awareness of racist behaviors (overt and implicit biases).
3) Advocate for the passing of a Hate Crimes Bill in every state to include anti-Semitism, racism, homophobia, transphobia or other forms of bigotry.
4) Focus attention on the fact that police brutality and inequities in criminal punishment are caused by racism.
5) Justice for victims of hate crimes including police brutality and wrongful convictions.
6) Share information rleated to the fact that racism causes mass incarceration (cradle to prison pipeline), targeted immigration policies, and domestic terrorism.
7) Create a society of anti-racists to actively and aggressively abolish systemic racism.
* AJC Global Jewish Advocacy
* American Friends Service Committee (Atlanta Economic Justice)
* Anti-Defamation League (ADL Southeast)
* Atlanta Black Pride
* Atlanta Grandmothers For Peace
* Atlanta NAACP
* Black German Cultural Society
* Black Voters Matter
* Congregation Bet Haverim
* Congregation Shearith Israel
* Georgia Alliance for Social Justice
* Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights (GLAHR)
* Gwinnett NAACP
* Illinois Innocence Project
* Indigenous Peoples Movement
* Indivisible Georgia Coalition
* March for Our Lives Georgia
* March On Georgia
* Metro Atlanta Democratic Socialists of America
* Mo’ Melanin Mo’ Power
* Moms of Black Boys United
* Multicultural Jewish Alliance
* Never Again Action Atlanta
* New Georgia Project
* New Sanctuary Movement
* Seeds of Wonder
* Southerners on New Ground
* Street Groomers
* Temple Beth Tikvah
* Temple Kehillat Chaim
* Temple Sinai Atlanta
* First Existentialist Congregation of Atlanta
* The Global Purpose Approach
* The Temple
* Tribe 76
* Y’all Gone Stop Killing Us