Families Stand Up for Black Lives is a peaceful rally and protest for people who live along the North Highland Ave corridor.
We are asking participants to line up along North Highland, on either side of the road, anywhere between E. Rock Springs and Boulevard and voice their support for Black Lives with signs, chants and some noise!
This is an alternative to a march, which can be challenging for families with children and those who wish to remain socially-distant during the Covid19 pandemic.
– Stay on the sidewalks or the verge (the area of grass between the sidewalk and the road) so that you do not block either car traffic or pedestrian traffic.
– Wear a Mask
– Stand 6 feet apart
– Make and bring a sign to convey your message to passers-by
– Bring sidewalk chalk and write your messages on the sidewalk
– Clean up after yourselves
– Wear sunscreen and a hat!
– Bring water
– Post pictures and video to social media
Actions after the “Stand In”
– Talk with your kids about the event
– Read books about systemic racism
– Make a donation to a justice organization
– Communicate your concerns with your elected representatives
– VOTE !!!
In the coming days we hope to provide more ideas and links for you to explore an embrace.